All you _____ look alike.
All you _____ look alike. Fill in the blanks with your least favorite tribe.
You notice differences when you care.
Rookie managers often struggle to tell the tops from the tails. In their eyes the bell curve is flat. That is detrimental to the morale of the team.
Experienced leaders probe deeper. They know where to effectively separate tops and tails. That boosts the morale of the team.
People differentiate themselves in a gazillion ways. Here are only some of them.
- Identify a non-obvious problem.
- Come up with a non-obvious solution.
- Have a tough conversation with a customer.
- Learn a new skill and bring it to the team.
- Learn a step before, a step after, a step ancillary to their job.
The bell curve is only as flat or as sharp as your game. How well do you care?